If you’re serious about the security of your family or your business then taking the step to installing CCTV is one of the most important things you can ever do. Unlike many other security features that you can install, CCTV not only helps to prevent burglars, intruders and other unwelcome visitors to your property it can be of immense use in apprehending and prosecuting anyone who has tried to burgle your house.
Our CCTV installation services stretch from supplying your with the CCTV system of your choice that fits both your need and budget through to installation and training on how to use your CCTV system to its full. You can rest assured that your property’s security is in the trustworthy hands of the experts.
The Benefits of Using Professional CCTV Installation Company like www.Phillipssecuritysolutions.co.uk
However much you spend on your CCTV system and whether you have gone for a cheap and cheerful analogue system to a hi-tech IP CCTV system that has all the latest bells and whistles, the fact is your CCTV system is only as good as its installation. Why spend all the money of getting the right CCTV system for your needs and then spoil it by trying to fit it yourself resulting in it not functioning as it should?
Our Professional CCTV installers will ensure that:
You have the right CCTV system for your needs, have the right cameras, recording and monitoring equipment and software. A professional CCTV technician will not install a system that they know is not suitable for your needs.
- Cameras are as visible or as discreet as you want them. For some people, they want their CCTV cameras to be discreet and hard to see whereas most people what theirs to be highly visible. That is because the very presence of CCTV cameras will put off most burglars and any other potential intruders.
- Cameras are positioned safely and are pointing in the right directions and at the right things. It is essential that your cameras are covering the areas that you need covered and there are no blind spots or bad reflections. Professional CCTV installation technicians will ensure that this is the case.
- Your budget is adhered to and you get the best CCTV installation money can by. Professional CCTV installers will give you the very finest service regardless of how much you have spent on your CCTV system and whatever type you have chosen.</li><li>You’re viewing and storage options are all set up correctly and you have the knowledge and skills to use them effectively and to their maximum capacity. The best CCTV system is no good if you cannot use it!
How Much Does CCTV Installation Cost?
CCTV is a product that is not one size fits all. Different properties will require different amounts of cameras and there are a host of options in terms of cameras and other components. Therefore it is very difficult to give a general figure of how much it costs to install CCTV.
Some of the variable include:
- What type of cameras are to be used? Analogue, IP, HD, PTZ?
- How many cameras are to be used?</li><li>Where are these cameras to be placed?
- Will installation require special equipment for difficult to access places?
- What type of storage options do you want?
- What type of monitoring options do you want?
- Wired or wireless CCTV system?
These are just some of the variables that can affect the cost of having a CCTV system fitted. To get a better idea it is best to ask for a free CCTV survey where full costs can be discussed and a budget worked and adhered to.
Don’t take the risk of installing CCTV yourself. Call in professional CCTV installation experts and have us advise you on the best CCTV system for your needs – safely, securely and with care, ensuring it is fully working and taking care of you, your family and your property.
How To Install A CCTV System
Thinking about installing a CCTV system yourself? If you’re looking to save money and are reasonably technical then it can be done.
However, if not it’s almost certainly better to get a professional to do it.
Check out our short guide below to help you with your choice.
The most important step in installing any CCTV system is the planning stage. You need to ask yourself several questions such as:
- Why do I need CCTV? – There could be a host of reasons such as crime prevention or general security monitoring.
- What do I want out of it? If you just want crime prevention for example, monitoring and storage may not be as important to you if you want to use your footage to press for prosecutions.
- What sort of cameras will best suit my needs? From bullet cameras and IP cameras to pan/tilt and zoom cameras and dome cameras, there are a host of options to choose from.
- What storage/viewing options do I require?
- What is my budget? There are lots of CCTV systems on the market, so getting one that fits your needs and is within your budget is crucial.
- Where are my cameras going to be fitted for maximum effectiveness?
Once you have the perfect CCTV system, it is time to install it. There are basically two dimensions of this, the wiring and the camera mounting.
A CCTV system is only as good as its weakest component so don’t be tempted on trying to save money on the wiring. Keep cable lengths below 400 for and get the best that you can afford to buy. Siamese cables are very popular thanks to the fact they look neater because you only need one line for each camera and always remember to leave a couple of extra loops of cable at both ends, this will assist you greatly should you need to move the camera slightly at some point in the future
Mounting the cameras is relatively straightforward as most cameras come with brackets and the correct mountings to ensure that they are fitted correctly. Once you have mounted them, simply position them in the position you want.
Connecting a Monitoring And Storage Device
The final stage is the easiest, especially if it’s cold outside! You will almost certainly get full installation instructions with your storage and monitoring devices and like any pieces of electrical equipment it is important that you follow these to the letter. Connecting your cameras to the storage and monitoring devices is reasonably straightforward if you have a good technical background.
Fitting CCTV can be done yourself if you have the right equipment and are technically minded. However, as CCTV systems are only as good as their installation, it is often much cheaper and cost effective in the long run to have your CCTV fitted by a professional installer.